Ministry of Justice:
Maidstone: Court Usher
We`ve got a great opportunity for a role within the Courts sector, to join a fast-paced office, working in the Court department. Working with a professional team, you`ll be based in Maidstone and will enjoy being part of a company with a great work life balance.
- 37 hours a week
- Monday - Friday
- 9:00 - 17:00
- Temporary position
- The role pays minimum wage for your age group
Duties and responsibilities:
Our public sector client is looking for a diligent and trustworthy usher to support the public around their building. Therefore, He or she will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
- Ensure the secure transactions of legal documents within the courtroom and deciding the order of cases.
- Escorting customers to the court room
- Seeing that are suitably hydrated
- Administrative duties, such as filing, scanning documents
- The roles of an usher may vary depending on the type of court they serve
What you`ll need to do:
- Provide excellent customer service to a diverse range of customers and employers
- Make decisions regarding the best course of action in a problem
- Assess situations and people.
- Support the staff and civilians should they be lost
- Be part of a team responsible for keeping the building safe and trouble free.
What we`ll need from you:
- Able to deal with situations appropriately.
- Keen observation skills.
- Availability for the full duration of your assignment.
- Enhanced DBS
- Able to work in an office environment where social distancing will be adhered to.
All offers are subject to 3 years referencing checks and a DBS
If this role interests you, please apply below.