My Government client is looking to recruit a long-term temporary Court Usher based in Stockport (SK1).
As a Court Usher, you will be required to:
- Act as a first point of contact for all parties attending the hearing
- Liaise with Court Clerks, Legal Advisers, Judges, Solicitors, Barristers and members of the public etc.
- Prepare courtrooms for hearings, tribunals, trials, meetings and clear the court/ hearing room down
- General clerical work including the use of computers and Switchboards
- Sort and deliver lists of hearings for internal and external notice boards
- Provide support to colleagues and judiciary outside of court hearing rimes
- The client is looking for a strong customer service background
- The ability to deal with a range of customers
- Able to deal with often distressing situations
As this is a government role, you will need to successfully pass compliance prior to starting work. This involves obtaining 3 years' worth of references and passing an Enhanced Criminal Record Check.
If this role is something you are interested in, please apply online and a member of the team will be in contact