The Ministry of Justice - Court Usher
Location: Leeds City Centre
Hours: 37 hours a week Mon-Fri - To cover long-term sick leave
We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Court Usher to join the Team at the Leeds Combined Courts with our client, The Ministry of Justice in the Court Usher Department for the Crown Court. It will be to cover a member of staff's long-term sick. The role will include working as part of a flexible team. This is a very interesting role, you will be the essential first point of contact for all users involved in Court hearings.
- Running the Court & liaising with customers from the judiciary, jurors and members of the general public
- Preparing court/hearing rooms
- Operating recording equipment and completing required documentation
- Ensuring the smooth running of the courts
- Completing clerical work required to support the work of HMCTS
- Maintain supplies for court users
- Keep Court room and hearing rooms tidy and well managed
- Obtain names of all parties in attendance and show into hearings at required time
To be considered for this role the right candidate will have the following skills:
- Basic IT skills in Microsoft Windows (training will be given)
- Be polite and helpful to all customers both external and internal
- Remain calm, polite and tactful when dealing with difficult people
- Pass on important information to all concerned promptly and clearly, with tact and honesty
- Be approachable, non-judgemental and honest and respects confidences in dealing with others.
- Treat all colleagues fairly and be sensitive to their needs as individuals
The right candidate will need to have a smart appearance due to daily interaction with solicitors and members of the public and experience of windows 10 would be an advantage.
You will need to be comfortable in dealing sensitively and professionally with people from all walks of life; many of whom may be vulnerable and under stress. Advice and support
*Please note working for the Ministry of Justice will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full-length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in-date passport*