Brook Street are very excited to be recruiting for the MOJ within Derby City Centre.
Are you interested in providing excellent customer service?
Do you have the confidence to speak to people both face to face as well as make announcements over a speaker?
Can you remain level headed and keep calm whilst others may be falling apart?
Perhaps this temporary role as a Court Usher could be for you?
The role will include the following duties but not be limited to:
- opening/closing of the courts
- ensuring that the courts are clean and tidy and equipped for the day
- general admin relating to the courts
- liaising with the judiciary, court users, members of the public, prosecutors, solicitors, public sector authorities and support organisations
- as well as ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the courts
You will be required to have an Enhanced DBS in order to carry out this role, which will be applied for if successful.
The role is temporary, until March 20, and is Monday to Friday, 9-5, totalling 37 hours.
However, there may be occasions when the courts will run over and will not finish on time. As a court usher, you will remain with your court to ensure the smooth running but then would finish earlier or start later on other days to ensure that you make your 37 hours.
Candidates will be paid the National Minimum Wage (NWR) £7.70 - £8.21/hr.
If you are interested in applying for the role please send your CV . Any questions then please contact the office on 0115 879 3500