I am currently recruiting for 4 x Court Ushers to join a busy court in Manchester city centre. These are temporary roles until the end of October 2020.
This is a full time role, working 37 hours per week Monday - Friday - 09.00 - 17.00.
You will be completing both ushering and clerical duties.
Ushering duties include:
- Preparing the court room for the day
- Liaising with members of the public, legal teams, CPS, solicitors and witness services.
- Dealing with face to face enquiries.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the court room, ensuring that all parties have arrived and ensuring that parties are kept informed of any changes that come up (including changes to courtroom, running order of cases etc).
Clerical duties include but are not limited to:
- Filing documents
- Collecting and delivering paperwork and files to the court rooms.
Previous customer service experience is a must for this role. As is time management and organisational skills. You will need to be prepared to react quickly and professionally to situations, some of which may be unexpected. You will be comfortable in dealing sensitively and professionally with people from all walks of life, many of whom may be vulnerable and under stress.
The pay rate for this role is £8.21 for the first 12 weeks rising to £8.28 after 12 weeks (under 25 £7.70 rising to £8.28 after 12 weeks).
As this is a government role you will be required to provide three years of reference and also undertake an enhanced DBS.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply online or contact Amy for more information.