A full time temporary position has become available within a government department.
hours we week: 37
Hourly rate: £8.72
Managing the footfall in the building; directing people around the building and ensuring they are complying with social distancing rules.
* Collecting and delivering files and bundles to the judiciary and clerks ensuring they have the necessary papers
* Operating recording equipment and maintaining records of recordings of hearings
* Straightforward drafting such as acknowledgements and receipting, confirmations, court orders, warrants etc.
* Opening, sorting, distributing and dispatching post as required
* Ensuring Court rooms are supplied against requirements for relevant forms and stationary
* Providing information related to proceedings, escorting court users into and from the building, swearing oaths etc.
* Calling people into court / hearing rooms in priority order, discussing with Court Clerks and Legal Advisers and liaising with the Witness Service as necessary
* Answering face to face enquiries
* Keeping parties informed of changes eg, of courtrooms and hearing times
* Answering standard enquiries and passing messages to others.
2 GCSE's at Grade C or above, or equivalent qualifications OR have experience of working with the public in a busy public service environment. Ability to use a computer at the level required for the work.
if you are interested in this role, please apply online.