Pay: £ 8.91 p/h
Hours: 37 hours Mon-Fri 9-5.
Our Public Sector client has an exciting and brand new opportunity to join their well established Court Usher Team, is it a passion of yours to help members of the public, do you have an exceptional talent of being organised, time management and being an approachable person? Then this could be the exact role for you!
- prepare the courtroom and meet and greet court users and visitors
- keep people informed of changes to hearing times
- check that witnesses, defendants and lawyers are present
- call defendant and witnesses into court
- direct the taking of oaths
- label evidence and pass it to the judge and jury
- pass messages between lawyers and legal advisers
- keep order in the public areas
- input data to the computer system, do filing and photocopying
- escort the jury to and from the courtroom
- be on duty outside the jury room
- take messages between the jury and the judge
- organise hotel accommodation if jurors need to stay overnight
We will be looking for someone who is hard working and can hit the ground running, experience of admin and customer service is paramount.
The client would like to ensure applicants that the offices have been deep cleaned and set up according to government guidelines to protect the temporary workforce it will be welcoming into the offices. Office based role, working from not available.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY ROLE
A REFERENCES AND CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK WILL BE REQUIRED
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 7-10 DAYS PLEASE PRESUME YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL