Lewes Combined Court are looking for an Usher to join their busy, well-established department.
This is a full-time, temporary contract due to run for 6 months initially.
You will be responsible for greeting all parties of the court room, acting as the first point of call for all court users, and have regular contact with the judiciary. You will be meeting with members of the public, preparing court/hearing rooms, and there will be some general admin/office duties to carry out to ensure the department is running efficiently.
Ideally you will be a confident, out-going, and professional individual, with the ability to react and adapt quickly to various different scenarios. You must be able to deal with sensitive information, and speak calmly with those who are distressed and emotional.
- Strong communication skills
- Basic computer skills (eg, Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Able to handle sensitive information
- Remain professional and well presented
- Good organisation skills
- £8.21 PH
- Full-time / 37 hours per week
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
If you are interested, apply today!