Hours: 30 per week
Working Hours: 4 days a week, 9.00am-5.00pm.
Pay: National Minimum Wage
Contract length: until 31/12/19 with a possibility of extension
Location: York City Centre
We are currently looking for a Court Usher to work within York Magistrates Court. This role is a long term temporary position to start as soon as possible.
- Running the court
- Liaising with customers from Judiciary and Jurors to the general public
- Prepare court/hearing rooms,
- Operating recording equipment and complete documentation
- Ensuring the court runs smoothly and efficiently.
- You will also carry out some general clerical work as required to support the work of HMCTS.
- Must be prepared to react quickly and professionally to situations, some of which may be unexpected.
- Take responsibility for the quality of own work and keep manager informed of how the work is progressing
- Interacting with witnesses, legal representatives, parties and other members of the public (on reception duties and generally) and checking that witnesses, defendants, and lawyers are present.
- Calling defendant and witnesses into court and directing the taking of oaths.
If you are interested in the position or would like to know more about the role then please contact Oliver or Arran on 01904 888800 or email