I am currently looking to recruit a full time Court Usher to join a busy court in Manchester City Centre. This role would be ideal for a candidate with excellent communication and organisational skills.
The hours for this role are Monday - Friday 09.00 - 17.00.
Duties for this role will include:
- The role will include both ushering and clerical duties. Clerical duties include filing, scanning documents and delivering files to the court rooms.
- Preparing the court room each morning for the day ahead.
- Liaising with and answering queries from members of the public, legal teams, CPS, solicitors and the witness service.
- Filling out all relevant paperwork for cases.
- Supporting the logistics of moving barristers and witnesses around the building and escorting parties in and out of the court.
- Keeping all parties informed of any changes that may happen e.g a change of court room.
- Basic computer skills.
- Great communication skills.
- You will be required to sit in on court cases, so confidentiality is a must.
Please note that this is a temporary role for an initial three-month period with the potential for this to be extended.
For this role you will be required to undertake an Enhanced Criminal Record check and will be required to provide three years` worth of references.
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply or contact Amy H at Brook Street for more details.