Do you want to work in a diverse and busy team within the Public Sector? Do you want to kick-start your career for an organisation that helps thousands of every year? If this strikes your interest, then read on and apply now!
You will be joining our client, a nationally recognised Public Sector department, as one of their Court Ushers (Band F) in their Cardiff City Centre Court, situated in the heart of the City Centre. Currently we have over 200 people doing similar work and they're telling us every day how much they enjoy what they do.
This is an exciting time to join the Public Sector. You will be assisting their team and getting involved in various administrative tasks and duties required to keep the department and country running smoothly. This would be a great opportunity if you are diligent, with a flexible approach, and want to be part of a dedicated team.
What you will be doing:
- Calling witnesses and ensuring court listings are up to date
- Preparation of documents, receiving all correspondence and evidence
- Keeping files up to date and ensuring your timekeeping is impeccable
- Assisting the Judge in facilitating the smooth running of the court
- Ad-hoc administrative tasks/ projects
- A can-do attitude with an eagerness to learn
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly organised with good prioritising skills
- A degree is not necessary, but a polished speaking manner and excellent written communication are a must
- Apply Online or call us for more information
- Attend a short face to face interview with your potential line manager
- Attend an assessment registration with your local Brook Street consultant
- Provide ID Documents & full background history, to enable us to do the checks required
- Work with your Brook Street consultant to manage your references & background checks
- Start your great new job!
You'll be earning £8.21 per hour and you can usually expect annual pay increases, regular bonuses for outstanding work and a generous holiday allowance (up to 34 days per year inc. Bank Holidays) Plus, you'll have an impressive employer to add to your CV for the future!
This role is subject to Criminal Record Checks and background checks, which do include reference checks from your most recent employers. If you have any concerns about these checks, please flag these to your consultant who can discuss options available, depending on your circumstances.