Up to £10.42 per hour
18 days ago
The Ministry of Justice - Court Usher
Location: Leeds Magistrates Court, 1 Westgate, Leeds LS1
Hours: Monday - Friday (37 hours)
This is an ongoing temporary position with the possibility of a further extension at the discretion of the business requirements.
We are currently recruiting for Court Ushers to join Leeds Magistrates Court with our client, The Ministry of Justice. The role will include working as part of a flexible team. This is a very interesting and varied role. The suitable candidate will be required to clerk the courts, you will be an essential first point of contact for all the court users involved in hearings.
- Obtain names of all parties in attendance and show into hearings at required time
- Call members of the public into court
- Maintain supplies for court users, complete court recording sheets
- Pass on important information to all concerned promptly and clearly, with tact and honesty
- Keep Court room and hearing rooms tidy and well managed
- Label evidence and pass it to the judge and jury
- Carry out general clerical work as required to support the work of HMCTS
What we are looking for:
- Basic IT skills in Microsoft Packages (training will be given)
- Strong recent admin/customer service experience
- Be polite and helpful to all customers both external and internal
- Remain calm, polite and tactful when dealing with difficult people
- Vigilance and professional personality
- Be approachable, non-judgemental and honest and respects confidences in dealing with others.
This role would be an excellent fit for someone who has an interest in law and criminology or a passion for customer service and supporting the public!
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.
*Please note working for the Ministry of Justice will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full-length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in-date passport*
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!