The Ministry of Justice - Court Usher
Hours: Monday - Friday (37 hours)
We are currently recruiting for Court Ushers to join Lincoln Court. This is a very interesting and varied role.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to;
- Assist in the running of courts
- Collect jury panel & escort them
- General Admin, including; Photocopying, Franking of Mail
- Check any special requirements are needed for court attendees, if so, escalating it
- Ensuring all papers, pens are made available to judges
What we are looking for:
- Basic IT skills in Microsoft Windows (training will be given)
- Strong recent admin/customer service experience essential
- Recent Law Graduates with strong customer service skills
- Be polite and helpful to all customers both external and internal
- Remain calm, polite and tactful when dealing with difficult people
- Vigilence and professional personality
- Pass on important information to all concerned promptly and clearly, with tact and honesty
- Be approachable, non-judgmental and honest and respects confidences in dealing with others.
- Treat all colleagues fairly and be sensitive to their needs as individuals
You will be comfortable in dealing sensitively and professionally with people from all walks of life; many of whom may be vulnerable and under stress. Advice and support are readily available and there is little discretion to depart from standard procedures, which may require you to take a firm stance when those procedures are not understood or welcomed by a court user.
*Please note working for the Ministry of Justice will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full-length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in-date passport*
Please click apply to express your interest