Up to £10.95 per hour
3 months ago
Brook Street Ltd are pleased to announce a readily available position at Bournemouth Combined Court as a Court Usher (Admin Assistant). The role is based on a full-time temporary contract, Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00. The pay rate is £10.95ph.
The Temporary Worker will work individually or as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of the courts. Example of work performed will include but not limited to:
- Court Usher role assisting courts and members of public face to face
- Operating Cloud Video Platform technology to assist the court where parties attend remotely
- General admin duties as required when not in court
- Liaise with Adjudicator and Court Section
- Obtain names of all parties and complete front sheets with court results
- Swear in witnesses as appropriate
- Photocopy any documents required by the court
- Provide assistance in the post room or elsewhere in the office as and when required
- Must be polite and helpful to all customers both external and internal
- Remains clam, polite and tactful when dealing with difficult people
- Is aware of customer needs and is polite and efficient in dealing with these
- Passes on important information to all concerned promptly and clearly, with tact and honesty
- Works effectively with others irrespective of differences
- Tackles unacceptable behaviour in a constructive way
- Is approachable, non-judgemental, honest and respects confidences in dealing with others
- Treats all colleagues fairly and is sensitive to their needs as individuals
The position is subject to an Enhanced DBS check and 3 year's referencing.
If you are interested in the position, please apply below.
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or as a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.