We are Court Usher`s and Court Marshall`s on behalf of our Public Sector client. These role will be on a temporary ongoing basis based in Birmingham City Centre. The roles will be on a full time basis (37 hours per week).
The roles and responsibilities of this will include but, not be limited to:
- Collecting and delivering files and bundles to the judiciary and clerks ensuring they have the necessary papers
o Manage the footfall in the building; directing people around the building and ensuring they are complying with social distancing rules.
- Operating recording equipment and maintaining records of recordings of hearings
o Straightforward drafting such as acknowledgements and receipting, confirmations, court orders, warrants etc.
- Opening, sorting, distributing and dispatching post as required
o Ensuring Court rooms are supplied against requirements for relevant forms and stationary
- Providing information related to proceedings, escorting court users into and from the building, swearing oaths etc.
o Calling people into court / hearing rooms in priority order, discussing with Court Clerks and Legal Advisers and liaising with the Witness Service as necessary
- Answering face to face enquiries
o Keeping parties informed of changes eg, of courtrooms and hearing times
- Answering standard enquiries and passing messages to others.
The ideal candidate will have customer service and administration experience. You should also be confident working with people.
This role will be Monday to Friday and offering a pay rate of £8.91 per hour for over 23 and £8.36 for under 23 although this does rise to £8.91 after 12 weeks.
The role will require an enhanced or standard disclosure. Please note that initially this will be a cost to you but, will be refunded after four weeks in post.
Please apply online with your most up to date CV and a member of the team will be in contact should we wish to proceed with your application.