Up to £10.95 per hour
21 days ago
Brook Street are currently recruiting for a Court Usher to work with a large public sector client within the Legal Sector.
The client are responsible for the delivery of the legal and justice system and require confident Court Usher to assist in controlling the Courts during the hearings.
You will be based at South Tyneside Law Courts and will be responsible for a range of admin duties.
Duties may include:
- Providing court clerk support and creating accurate court log reports
- Supervising and ushering vulnerable adults and children into the correct hearings
- Use own initiative to action tasks based on the outcome of the hearing without being instructed.
- Liaising with Legal Advisors, Judiciary and members of the public
- Updating of system database and record maintenance
- Other general admin duties
Successful candidates will have:
- Excellent IT and data entry skills
- Ability to cope with hearing often very distressing information
- Strong communicator and confident in dealing with difficult situations
- Ability to identify, prioritise and plan effectively
Candidates with a transferable DBS on the update system would be highly advantageous
- Monday - Friday - 37 hours per week
- Assignment: This is a initially an assignment until the end of March , but is highly likely to be extended beyond that initial period.
- Rate of Pay: £10.95ph
The successful will need to pass an Enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in this position, please apply below.
Brook Street are proud to support the Armed Forces Covenant and as such, we guarantee to interview all candidates who are veterans or spouses/partners of military personnel, and who meet all the essential criteria for the vacancy.
As a Disability Confident Leader, and holder of the Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, Brook Street, as a supplier to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR), will offer you a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability and/or as a veteran or spouse/partner of military personnel and meet all the essential criteria for the role, we encourage you to reach out to us via the Brook Street website. Here you will find a link to register your interest and state the role that you are interested in. We are committed to engaging with you.
In cases where we have a high volume of ex-military candidates/military spouses/partners, who meet all of the essential criteria, Brook Street will interview the best candidates from within that group.