One of my Public Sector clients are currently looking for Court Ushers to work within a court in Stoke-On-Trent.
General working days will be Monday to Friday between 9am and 5.30pm however, the successful candidate must have a degree of flexibility in line with the needs of the Courts. This will be on an initial three month temporary basis with the possibility of further extension.
The ideal candidate will have interpersonal skills and comfortable working with people. You will be resilient and able to show professionalism at all times. For this role, you may be required to be on your feet a lot - It is important that you are able to and comfortable to be on your feet for prolonged periods of time if necessary.
Within this role, your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Collecting and delivering files and bundles to the judiciary and clerks ensuring they have the necessary papers
- Manage the footfall in the building; directing people around the building and ensuring they are complying with social distancing rules.
- Operating recording equipment and maintaining records of recordings of hearings
- Straightforward drafting such as acknowledgements and receipting, confirmations, court orders, warrants etc.
- Opening, sorting, distributing and dispatching post as required
- Ensuring Court rooms are supplied against requirements for relevant forms and stationary
- Providing information related to proceedings, escorting court users into and from the building, swearing oaths etc.
- Calling people into court / hearing rooms in priority order, discussing with Court Clerks and Legal Advisers and liaising with the Witness Service as necessary
- Answering face to face enquiries
- Keeping parties informed of changes E.g. of courtrooms and hearing times
- Answering standard enquiries and passing messages to others.
The pay rate for this position will be £8.72 per hour for candidates over 25. For under 25's, the pay rate will be £8.20 for the first 12 weeks and then rise to £8.72.
This role will be subject to referencing and an enhanced disclosure which you will be required to make payment for with the payment refunded after four weeks in post.
If you feel that you would have the necessary skill set for this role and ready to take on a new challenge, please apply online.
We also have court marshall positions available also.
We are expecting to receive a high volume of applications for this role and so may not be able to contact every candidate who applies.