Hours: 37 per week
Working Hours: 5 days a week, 9.00am-5.00pm.
Pay: National Minimum Wage
Contract length: until 31/03/21
Location: Harrogate Town Centre
A court usher is highly important in the smooth running of court. As a court usher, you will ensure that all people involved in the court process are in the right place at the right time. You will greet court users and visitors, as well as keeping people informed of court changes.
This is a great opportunity if you enjoy working with people and prefer a variety of tasks in your daily schedule.
- Running the court
- Liaising with customers from Judiciary and Jurors to the general public
- Prepare court/hearing rooms,
- Operating recording equipment and complete documentation
- Ensuring the court runs smoothly and efficiently.
- You will also carry out some general clerical work as required to support the work of HMCTS.
- Must be prepared to react quickly and professionally to situations, some of which may be unexpected.
- Take responsibility for the quality of own work and keep manager informed of how the work is progressing
- Interacting with witnesses, legal representatives, parties and other members of the public (on reception duties and generally) and checking that witnesses, defendants, and lawyers are present.
- Calling defendant and witnesses into court and directing the taking of oaths.
Please note that this role will be paying the National Living/Minimum Wage, depending on your age and what bracket you come under the rate will differ
The role is subject to an Enhanced DBS and reference clearance. You must have been a resident in the UK for three consecutive years, spending no longer than six months abroad during this period (unless an Overseas Police Check is obtained).
This is a temporary position. Applications from candidates in a permanent role cannot be considered.
To apply for this role, please contact Arran or Ollie on 01904 888800 or apply through the website.