I`m recruiting for an experienced Creative Design Manager based in Sutton Coldfield for an international renowned business. They are offering a salary of up to circa £34,000.
Ideally coming from a creative agency background, with a very strong skill set in design you will be the first point of contact for the studio, advocating the purpose and the work of the studio. You will manage a team of circa 4 people, ensuring that team members are sufficiently trained and have appropriate resources, making recommendations as appropriate. With this you will need to have a high degree of emotional intelligence, be willing and confident to engage with colleagues at all levels.
You will be responsible for the internal creative studio's design workload, liaising with all business units who want their ideas brought to life. The Creative Studio produce original high-quality design solutions across media formats including flyers, brochures, email and web that engage different audiences.
It`s your responsibility to keep track of what the team are working on and that they are fully briefed and able to complete the work to a high standard and for keeping the internal clients informed on progress.
The client is a dynamic and expanding group of companies who provide training and information to business markets. Their business enable professionals and their organisations to perform better by providing quality, relevant and reliable information, training, education and knowledge.
Typical daily job duties
- Be the first point of contact for all design solutions covering all types of media i.e. flyers, brochures, emails, website
- Representing the design team for acquiring new business, this will occasionally include presentations
- Organise and manage the workload across the team
- Monitor and assess the workflow system
- Ensure that the studio projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Manage the resources for the projects, implement workflow and project manage the projects
- Manage project expectations with tact and diplomacy
- Prepare and maintain reports on department data, providing insights
- Arrange freelance contractors/temps if required
- Evaluate and critique artwork; ensuring briefs have been fulfilled to high industry standard
- Devise, formulate and lead on design projects in a professional and creative manner, resulting in new and enticing designs
- Promote integrated creativity to provide high-quality design across multiple channels.
- Good working knowledge of HTML, fonts, ExactTarget, InCopy, AfterEffects
- You will have ideally worked in a Creative Agency
- Have a strong design skill set
- Preferable that you have worked as a studio manager before
- Passionate about creative design
- Exceptional communication skills
- Able to project manage, manage teams and their workflow
- Embraces each design project in an innovative manner
- You will keep up to date with creative design trends
- You would be passionate about ensuring the studio is seen as professional, friendly and a highly creative resource.
- Keen to teach your design team new design trends and skills.
Package and Benefits
- Up to £34,000 basic salary dependant on experience
- Performance related bonuses
- At least 23 days holiday + bank holidays (with flexibility to purchase additional holiday days)
- 37 hour working week, Monday - Friday
- Contributory pensions scheme with life assurance
- Heavily subsidised gym membership
- Cycle to work schemes
- Discount vouchers
- Dining cards
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your CV has not been selected on this occasion***