You will be required to collect overdue debts for corporate customers whilst maintaining a high level of customer service. Assist in the resolution of queries and keep strong communication links with the customer and business teams. Provide weekly and monthly reporting for the Collections Manager and escalate any issues that will prevent collection of payments.
- Proactively manage customers to ensure agreed payment terms are being met
- To provide regular updates on debt activity reporting on all accounts with analysis and commentary on a daily / weekly and monthly basis as required to the Collections Manager with focus on debt >90+ days
- To monitor all customers payment performance and highlight all relevant trends monthly
- To assist in preparation of collection reporting documentation
- Demonstrate LP behaviours by taking ownership of customer queries and actively take part in resolution by engaging with all functions to ensure optimum customer service is maintained
- Make recommendations to improve processes to enhance Working Capital
- To support and take part in individual projects within the Collections department as requested from Collections Manager / the Financial Operations Manager.
- To recommend and support development in SAP and Bi reporting to the Collections department to improve debt awareness, and productivity.
- To prepare and recommend accounts for escalation in a timely manner
- Maintain minimum Call Service Standard
Required knowledge & experience
- Use of excel - Vlook-ups, Pivots and other complex reports
- Ability to think outside the box and take initiative with the confidence and to challenge processes as required within remit
- Customer Driven with the ability to collaborate with individuals at all levels of the business
- Ability to interpret concepts and deliver practical solutions
- Calm and assured approach under pressure and have the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of different individuals and to be seen as approachable and willing to get involved
- Must be committed to demonstrating company value
- Experience of actively participating in a team environment, whilst demonstrating the capability to work independently.
- Demonstrate accuracy and work methodically within the team, whilst being productive, efficient and effective within the practice of Collections
Full-time, Permanent (3 days in the office and 2 days working from home)
Salary: £28,000pa - £29,000pa
- Bonus Scheme
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
If you feel you meet the above skills and requirements, please apply now.