A great opportunity with our client has arisen to increase a rapidly growing team based in the Wirral.
This is an unusual position with a lot of scope to grow with the company for the right candidate. The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years` experience in fast passed, business to business credit control.
- A proactive, firm but customer focused approach to collections.
- Ability to multi task, to be able to move quickly from one client`s ledger to another with ease.
- Be very tenacious and care about getting our clients paid
Ideally CICM qualified or a willingness to study for CICM qualifications (study support included in the package).
The main role of the successful candidate will be managing outsourced ledgers, calling companies in the name of the client, negotiating payment, dispute resolution and liaising directly with the client over progress of outstanding debts.
Reports to: Credit Control Supervisor and Managing Director.
Contacts : Clients, Client`s Customers, third parties, internal staff
Responsible for: Shared responsibility of a credit control trainee
- Credit control in a B2B, fast paced but rewarding environment.
- Demonstrable strong, customer focused negotiating skills to ensure positive cash flow
- Enter data accurately in spreadsheets, accountancy software, CRM`s etc.
- Allocation of receipts and Customer account reconciliations
- Produce regular reports to Clients as required
- Ongoing development of policy and procedures
- Setting up new clients in software to include field mapping, process set up and defining collection strategies etc.
- Other ad hoc duties when required
- Experience of effective credit control of a large and challenging ledger is essential
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft products, particularly Excel to include standard formulas.
- Demonstrable knowledge of sage and other accountancy software
- Experience of using the County Court process
- Understanding of contract Law
- Previous use of Late Payment Legislation
- Experience of Sage line 50 and Xero
Ability to demonstrate the following skills and ability
- Communication skills: The confidence and ability to make a positive impression on others, to be clearly understood and an ability to work in a team
- Results orientated: The ability to focus on performance, demonstrate energy, enthusiasm and stamina and be accountable in order to deliver results with an attention to detail
- Influencing skills: To positively influence others and persuade them to change their views. To make a structured case, understand others concerns and motivations and gain buy-in.
- Planning and organising: Be able to plan work that achieves goals and the quality of delivery, to organise work efficiently in order that priorities are met and carry out systematic and timely reviews.
- Problem solving: To define problems and make decisions based on a judgement of the best solution.
Full time: 37.5 hrs per week, 20 days holiday in addition to statutory holidays increasing 1 day per full year worked to a maximum of 25 days
Part time: 20 hours per week. working time is open to discussion.
20 days holiday in addition to statutory holidays increasing 1 day per full year worked to a maximum of 25 days, pro rata.
CICM study support
Quarterly attendance bonus
Annual performance bonus
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00 to £22,000.00 /year
-Credit control: 3 years (Required)
Contact Rebecca at Brook Street Recruitment on 01512426090, send your CV