Brook Street (UK) Limited is working with our Belfast city centre client to recruit a Credit Controller.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The post holder will work as part of the Credit Control team and will have responsibility for the efficient, effective and professional execution of the following duties;
Duties to include:
* Working as part of a team the successful candidate will be responsible for arranging payment of arrears and credit scoring customers.
* High volume cash collection
* Contacting customers by Telephone, Email and Letter
* Credit Scoring customers and setting payment terms
* Allocation of payments made
* Handling account and invoice queries
* Renegotiation of payment schedules
* Processing of Small Claims Court Claims
* To report on progress and issues to the Directors and landlords as appropriate.
* To carry out other relevant duties as may be reasonably required from time to time by your manager or the management team.
* Previous experience in a similar role essential
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* IT literacy to include Microsoft Excel & a computerised Accounts Package
* Ability to work on own initiative and assist the wider finance team as required
* Able work both independently / with minimum supervision and as part of a busy team.
* 2 years` experience in a similar role within a busy accounts dept.
* Have at least 5 G.C.S.E. at grade C or above (or equivalent) including English and Maths.
* To fully utilise Microsoft Office, e.g. Excel
* Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Proactive approach to debt collection
Please note that the above list of duties is not exhaustive and may be subject to change from time to time to meet departmental and organisational requirements.
Please send CV via the link