Credit Controller Required
We are currently recruiting for a Credit Controller to join our client's office in Southampton. As a Credit Controller you will work as a member of the Credit Control team. Your role will report directly into US Financial Controller with a dotted line to the UK Credit Control Manager.
Your main responsibility will be to manage a portfolio of clients with pre-due, current and overdue invoices (in excess of 250). The ideal candidate will have a strong Credit Control background and have previous experience managing own portfolio of clients. You must be confident in your ability to chase debtors and possess an assertive but friendly approach while maintaining quality and professionalism.
- Manage own workload to meet personal and team targets
- Making credit control calls each day
- Writing emails and letters for due and overdue balances and making follow-up phone calls
- Taking and processing payments via debit/credit cards
- Be able to promptly identify, record and follow up any customer queries with internal colleagues to ensure these are resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner
- Contribute to the development of Credit Control procedures and driving down aged debt
- Solving payment disputes and communicating with clients where necessary to secure prompt payment(s)
- Escalating to the Credit Control Manager any issues affecting the timely collection of overdue accounts
- Being able to identify and escalate any difficult clients to issue Letter Before Action
- Perform against targets individually whilst contributing to the overall productivity of the team
- Ad hoc duties as required
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- 2-5+ years of experience
- Confident in your ability to chase debtors and possess an assertive but friendly approach while maintaining quality and professionalism
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organised
- Highly adaptive and open to innovative new technology solutions
- Prior debt negotiation experience required
- Good Communication and phone skills;
- Ability to draft business letters, create and use excel spreadsheets.
- Microsoft Windows PC
- Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, SAGE and/or Credit Hound will be an advantage)
- Able to copy and scan documents
If interested in further details, please apply NOW!