An independent charitable organization that is based in Birmingham/Solihull , is looking to expand their close-knit team. This client has a vison to support all vulnerable children and young people that have complex needs such a mental health, wellbeing and substance misuse. You will be based in the office as well as in the community, managing your own case files. If you have had experience working with vulnerable people and children, then being a Criminal Justice Practitioner may be your next career move.
You will be working with young people that are using substance or have tried substances, with the wider team you will create bespoke care packages and go into schools and other community based centres and work with the young people that have been exploited in many ways. Most of your work will be one to one and in the community. THIS IS A 12 MONTH CONTRACT.
Your day to day duties and scope of the job will consist of;
*Identify and assess the risks and needs of vulnerable people that suffer from mental health and substance misuse.
* Focus on and prioritise high risk cases and provide a pro-active, short to medium term crisis intervention service through individual safety planning and personal support.
*Support the development of family intervention with the wider team through case discussion and supervision.
The ideal candidate should have the following key skills and experience;
* Experience of working with vulnerable people
*Experience of managing casefiles or being organized
*Experience of working within a multi-agency and legislative framework.
* Have a good understanding of mental health and substance misuse, including the impact this can have on a person`s day to day life.
* Due to the role being within the community you must hold a full UK driving License.
* It is also desirable if you hold your NVQ Level 3
For your hard work and dedication, you can expect a generous salary of £21,664 pension and 32 days holiday. If this sounds like your next ideal role then click APPLY today or contact our Birmingham Care office and ask for Carina