Up to £13.38 per hour
Brook Street Durham
about 1 month ago
Brook Street are working in partnership with Teesside Combined Courts in their search a Criminal Court Clerk (EO) to join their busy team.
You will be based at Teesside Combined Court and will be responsible for a range of duties. Duties may include;
- To manage the courtrooms to ensure that cases are dealt with promptly in liaison with judiciary, legal profession and staff and to ensure that all subsequent results are accurately & promptly recorded in line with targets. Also to ensure that all ancillary duties are carried out effectively.
- To ensure that a comprehensive log is kept of representation orders and that a judge's report is available at all sentence hearings.
- To accurately prepare case summaries for Resident Judge.
- To ensure that applications for representation orders are checked and approved upon authorisation of Judge.
- To determine all claims for costs including re-determinations, Prior Authority and Wasted Costs and provide written reasons in accordance with the appropriate regulations and within targets.
- To determine accurately witnesses' expenses within target times and provide written reasons upon request when required in accordance with guidelines.
- Process general correspondence within target and in particular procedural deadlines for any resulting amendments.
- Ensure compliance with financial and operational risk management policies when determining and processing costs in accordance with department guidelines.
- Undertake any allocated tasks as part of the role i.e. PA Role to Judiciary when required; arranging marshalling and swearing in of Justices.
- Lead a team of staff ensuring that its members are organised, and fully skilled to meet their work objectives. Effectively managing both team and individual performance, addressing any issues as they arise, in line with HR policy.
Successful candidates will have;
- Excellent IT and data entry skills
- Ability to cope with hearing often very distressing information
- Strong communicator and confident in dealing with difficult situations
- Ability to identify, prioritise and plan effectively
Candidates with a transferable DBS on the update system would be highly advantageous
Monday - Friday
37 hours per week
This is a 6 month initial assignment, but is highly likely to be extended beyond that initial period. The job is based on a 37 hour week, working Monday to Friday. Location is ideal for public transport. This Client also offers an excellent Pay Rate of £13.38 per. hour.
If you are interested in this position, please apply below.
Please note, ALL short-listed candidates will need to provide full ID and Eligibility documents by email.