Customer Account Manager
Financial Services Industry
Salary disclosed at screening stage
Are you able to build rapport without trying and thrive building relationships?
Do you communicate well and understand how to make a customer's experience memorable?
Do you have experience in collections or credit control?
We are working with an award winning financial service company in Southampton who are looking for Customer Account Managers, ideally with experience in financial services or Customer service, to help their company maintain their excellent customer experience.
This company are going through a really exciting period and have a great reputation for providing an exceptional service which is proven by their 4.9 out of 5 score on Trust Pilot from over 25,000 happy customers. This is the high level they operate at and reflects their core values of being professional, ethical and transparent. They are now looking for an ambitious, conscientious and experienced Customer Account Manager to join them in building their team of credit professionals.
What will you be doing?
The Customer Account Manager will be a key member to the organisation and is directly responsible for the arranging payment plans with customers as per Company policies and procedures when customers are in arrears.
Vital to the role is the successful candidate's ability to build strong relationships with customers, using empathy and understanding to work with the customer and their financial and personal circumstances in order to agree upon and organise a realistic and sustainable repayment strategy.
Our client takes customer service very seriously and always strive to stand out from their competitors, so although the role is principally a collections role, the successful candidate will be expected to have a customer-centric focus to their conversations. The role will also involve the Customer Account Manager occasionally carrying out pro-active contact campaigns for up to date customers or undertaking non-collections specific account management.
The role has a direct impact on the success, reputation and compliance of the business; therefore, the individual will be expected to meet team and individual goals including adherence to Collections and Compliance policies.
The hours will be 37.5 per week, working a shift pattern between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Friday, and between 9am and 2pm on Saturdays (on a rota basis).
What is our client looking for?
The successful candidate will likely have experience from the financial services industry, collections or consumer finance, however any strong customer service experience will be considered for the right candidates. You will be looking for a role where you can build rapport with customers, provide excellent service and have opportunities to develop your career.
The ideal candidate will have strong negotiation skills delivered with empathy and the ability to overcome objections. You will have excellent communication skills, clear, confident and professional telephone manners and the ability to excel under pressure.
They would love to see people with:
- Telephone based customer service experience
- Strong experience in the financial industry and understanding of CCA regulations, data protection, money laundering and treating customers fairly
- Knowledge of the Consumer credit sector would be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, as well as relationship building and empathy skills
- Ability to listen, negotiate, and instil trust and confidence
- The ability to excel under pressure when working to tight deadlines, yet capable of demonstrating initiative, producing results and making sound decisions.
- Indisputable integrity
- Confident and self-motivated personality with strong business and organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office, and quick to learn new software systems.
What's in it for you?
If you're successful you will join an award-winning company with a great reputation and an excellent working environment. They have friendly staff, opportunities to progress and supporting management. Incentivised and not pressurised to succeed, you will be looked after by this company. In return for your hard work our client offers a competitive salary which will be discussed at screening stage.
The culture is a friendly one, relaxed but professional, and encourages individual and team achievement and career progression.
In addition, you will receive:
- Hybrid working (2-3 days in office/2-3 days from home) if desired following completion of probation.
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays (rising by one day after each year completed up to 25days)
- Company bonus
- Pension scheme with employer contributions rising to 5% after one year of service
- Access to Perkbox on successful completion of probation.
- Life cover (4x Basic salary)
This role is available for a start as soon as possible and interviews will be arranged as soon as possible. Generally, this will involve an initial phone call followed by a face to face interview if successful.
Want to hear more? We'd love to hear from you. Apply with your CV now!
For more information or a detailed job specification, please contact Ben at Brook Street South Coast or apply now to send your CV