Role: Customer Collections Administrator
Location: Blagrove, Swindon, SN5
Hours: 9am to 5pm (35 hours per week)
To administer all processes that form the Collections function, from failed payment through to termination and repossession.
- Daily processing of all vehicle related invoices.
- Assist Customer Collections Manager with weekly payment runs.
- Immediate customer contact in the event of a failed payment or outstanding debt.
- Maintenance of the Aged Debt Ledger with constant accurate updates.
- Accurately updating relevant systems with details of account activity.
- Negotiation and agreement with customers over failed collections and resulting payment plans.
- Timely issuing of Dunning letters as required with appropriate planning for follow up actions.
- Regular reviews of the Aged Debt Ledger with the Customer Collections Manager.
- Responsibility for ensuring all UK and Ireland vehicles are registered on the HPI database.
- Close liaison and interaction with all areas of the business to assist in the resolution of issues and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Monitor accounts in "Intensive Care" status.
- Responsibility for all insurance claims, providing regular updates and resolve any issues with insurance company and customer.
- Assist the Customer Collections Manager with monthly reporting tasks.
- Ensure the Intercompany accounts are actively managed, and any outstanding invoices are chased until positive resolution.
- Responsibility for the Insolvency and Repossession process, ensuring all vehicles are sold within strict deadlines.
- To undertake any ad-hoc requests as required & achieve agreed KPI's.
Required skills & Experience
- Confident in dealing with staff at all levels of the business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of Collections techniques
- Strong Customer Service background
- A highly organised individual with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A resilient approach to dealing with difficult customer enquiries.
- Be able to display strong problem-solving skills
- Negotiate with customers via the telephone to resolve any ledger issues
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently when required but also be a team player
- Experience in the Commercial Vehicle Leasing Industry is advantageous, but not essential
- Collections/Credit Control experience is preferable
- Accounts Payable experience is advantageous
- Good Microsoft Office with at least Intermediate Excel skills (including VLOOKUPs and pivot tables).
- Experience with SAP.