Contact Centre Operative (Passport Office, Southport)
These roles are based in a telephony based Contact Centre. As a Customer Contact Officer you will be responsible for delivering a variety of customer focused activities within a customer service environment, to support the wider operational network. These activities will primarily be via telephone, however could also be via e-mail or letter.
- To resolve incoming telephone and e-mail enquiries relating to applications and Certificate orders, within the established Service Level Agreement timescales.
- * To provide advice and guidance on a range of complex nationality, eligibility and procedural enquiries to customers, to safeguard the customer experience through the effective implementation of standards, policies and processes, or to provide advice and guidance on enquiries relating to Civil Registrations
- * To provide a comprehensive response to customer complaints ensuring identification of lessons learned.
- * To develop and maintain knowledge of legislation, policy, procedure and security guidelines.
* To provide timely and excellent customer service.
* To maintain security and confidentiality at all times and adhere to staff policies and procedures.
* To take responsibility for own performance and personal development.
* To role model values and behaviours and to actively engage with other team members to deliver World Class customer service and a Great Place To Work.
Note: An employee may be required to carry out other duties within the scope of the grade and within the limits of their skill, competence and training.
- Ability to meet customer service targets and deadlines;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a wide range of diverse customers;
- Ability to handle difficult situations;
- Experience of working within a customer facing environment and promoting good customer service and communication;
Pay, hours of work and benefits
- The rate of pay is £8.87p/h or £8.91 p/h, rising to £10.88 p/h after 12 weeks of work
- You will be working Monday - Friday, typically 8.30 - 16.30, with 1 Saturday in every 3. You will receive a day off in lieu for this in the proceeding week
- Working for the public sector in a long term temporary position
- A full pension scheme