We are currently working on behalf of our global IT client to recruit an experienced Customer Program Manager.
This is a contract role to start early April on an initial contract for 15 months.
The role will be based remotely to begin with but will likely require some regular presence at our client's Reading offices once they reopen.
The salary offered is up to £72,000 per annum (depending on experience).
Our client are looking for a critical and highly visible professional who will be the lynch pin of all new breadth Independent Software Vendor (ISV) recruitment in the UK. The Customer Program Manager (CPM) Breadth ISV is responsible for orchestrating the recruitment of new start-ups and ISVs into our client's ecosystem. The CPM will be responsible for qualifying all new leads and developing the process for connecting them to the right team or programme internally, or with one of their specialist partners. They will track performance using their standard CRM systems, providing reporting on the number of ISVs recruited, passed to each team, revenue closed etc.
The Customer Program Manager Breadth ISV is a brand new and exciting role that will sit in the SMB customer team. However, the candidate will work across multiple teams, our client's Start Ups team and their direct sales team in Dublin as well as with specialist partners. The candidate will be at the core of our client's recruitment efforts and will effectively understand all the resources, programmes and potential landing places for ISVs. They will qualify ISVs and match them to the right programmes and teams, ensuring a smooth handover. They will track the progress with those ISVs using our standard tools (CRM, etc.) through to revenue. They will also be a key contributor towards us understanding more about our client's recruitment efforts (e.g., what's working, what's not) and will contribute to the wider team ideas and insights to shape our strategy.
Typical tasks will include:
- Understand the teams, programmes, their responsibilities and eligibility criteria.
- Manage leads as they come in and ensure the right ISV opportunities land with the right teams for engagement.
- Template email introductions to landing team / partners.
- Follow up to ensure progression & track using CRM systems.
- Opportunity Paper Qualification.
- Is the ISV on MPN / managed?
Priority for first month will be to understand the programmes and teams and developing the engagement process with the UK team. After that, the priority is qualifying leads as they come in and connecting them to the right place, ensuring pipeline is tracked for reporting purposes.
Weekly sync with sponsors on progress - leads in, landed with which teams, revenue etc as well as insights on what's working.
This is a brand-new role, so there is room for the individual to help craft and shape the strategy. The role requires working with a wide range of stakeholders, so the successful candidate will build a strong and varied network internally and with our client's core partners. They would also gain real insight into the breadth start-up and ISV market which is at the forefront of the UK's innovation. They would get a sense of satisfaction from helping our client's customers accelerate their journey with our client, and in turn their ability to transform their markets with their IP.
Demonstrable experience working preferably, but not necessarily, in the technology sector required.
Previous roles should have included experiences such as
- Engaged directly with customers / suppliers
- Sales qualification i.e. lead generation, new business creation or tele-sales
- Worked with colleagues effectively to achieve a common goal
- Worked with customer relationship systems, updating records and keeping track of customer progression, revenue closure etc
- Reporting back to teams, giving insights / ideas, process improvement
Key performance measures would include:
- # of new ISVs
- # of ISVs generating revenue
- $ revenue closed
- # of solutions on Marketplace
You should ideally have good familiarity with the following standard tools - Outlook, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint. Dynamics CRM. Further standard training on those tools is also available.
Our client has placed specific emphasis on the following requirements;
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to adapt to the needs of a fast-paced organisation whilst being disciplined in using systems such as CRM (Dynamics 365) to track and report on progress.
- Excellent communication skills. This role will interact with a broad range of stakeholders and customers; clear, consistent and professional communication is essential. Communications will be written and spoken, so experience of and confidence in using video conferencing (Microsoft Teams) tools is necessary
- Cloud computing. Whilst not a technical role, a working knowledge of core cloud technology concepts and familiarity with industry terminology will be an advantage.
Deadline for applications: Friday 26th February 2021