Do you have a technical degree? Are you confident liasing with clients and stakeholders? We are recruiting for a role that offers a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader in a highly interesting sector. You'll have the opportunity to speak with highly innovative businesses to support them with their R&D tax claims! - You do not need prior experience in the tax field for this role, just the enthusiasm and foundations to learn!
We are recruiting for a Technical Account Manager, working for a company who specialise in helping businesses save money with tax relief. This position is offering an overall package of £31,300 and will offer remote working with an expectation to attend their office (Greater Manchester) around twice per month minimum.
My client is UK based with an international presence and are Research & Development (R&D) tax specialists, they have helped their clients save multimillions of pounds in tax relief by researching and analysing their businesses, projects and expenditure. These businesses are innovative, technical, IT, scientific so being able to understand complicated businesses will be essential.
This is a varied and fast paced position where you will oversee the successful end to end journey of your clients. You will be responsible from the moment a client has expressed their interest in the R&D tax relief services on offer; this will include qualifying them as a business who are eligible to make an R&D claim, booking meetings for business analysts to meet with your client, liaising with the tax department to ensure they have the relevant documents for a successful claim submission and keeping in regular contact with your client all the way through the process up until the outcome of their R&D tax claim.
- Initial point of contact for the onboarding of your client
- In depth discussions (phone/virtual) with your clients to requalify that they are legible for an R&D tax claim
- Liaise with your client and the internal business analyst department to set up a meeting for them to discuss the technicalities around their claim and for them to check and request the required documents for a successful claim
- Liaise with the internal tax department to ensure they have all that is required from your client/internal business analysts to complete their tax submission to the HMRC
- Communication regularly with your client all the way through the process, dealing with any queries, issues, escalations, requests for further information to help support with their claim
- Work very closely with a number of internal departments to include sales, business analysts, tax consultants, credit control
- Communicate with your clients on the outcome of their R&D claim and advise of final stages and what to expect
- Working towards agreed daily, weekly and monthly targets
- Previous account management experience would be desirable
- 1st class/2.1-degree education background within a technical/process focussed industry would be ideal i.e. finance/accounting, mathematics, engineering, economics, law, science, business etc.
- Technical mindset with the ability to understand technical polices/procedures
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with clients and internal departments in a professional and technically competent manner, both written and verbally
- Ability to explain technical information to your clients in a basic layman terms way
- Experience of communicating with senior individuals within a corporate environment, i.e. CEO'S, Directors, Senior Management
- Understanding of tax/finance would be beneficial but not essential
- Proven ability to gather and collate information using appropriate questioning techniques
- Excellent negotiation and methodical, systematic problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work at pace and under pressure
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Team working skills with the ability to collaborate with others
- Comfortable working to an achieving KPI's/targets
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE ABOVE PERSON SPECIFICATION***
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Overall 1st year package £31300 including a very competitive basic salary (£27,300) and a bonus (£4,000)
- Monday - Friday 35 hour working week
- Remote working an option (expectation to be in the Greater Manchester based office occasionally)
- Generous holiday entitlement which includes 25 days plus all bank holidays
If you are and interested in this position, please send your cv and Ben Worsley or Connor Leveson-Carter will be in touch!
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours your cv has not been selected***