Are you on the lookout for a new position that offers remote working? Do you want to work for a company that supports work life balance? If so, we may have the opportunity you have been looking for.
Here at Domestic & General our priority has been to support our employees through the recent challenges COVID-19 has presented, whilst still providing an excellent service journey for our customers. We are now excited to be recruiting our next Customer Sales Advisor intake within our Registrations department, that will be fully home based. We have changed how we recruit and onboard, so your journey with us will now be fully virtual, giving you the flexibility but still the full engaging experience that you deserve.
About the Role
Homeworking but must be commutable distance to Nottingham City Centre.
This vacancy is in one of our inbound sales teams, meaning that you'll be the first point of contact for customers who call in for help. You'll provide excellent customer service and use your expert sales skills to give added peace of mind, by up-selling other products that customers can purchase that best suit their needs.
We understand that everyone is different, and you want something that will work for you. We are pleased therefore to advise we have a range of shift options available which include:
Option 1: Fully flexible based on a 37.5-hour per week contract, 8am-8pm Monday to Sunday
Option 2: Fixed shifts based on the hours you choose
Option 3: 10am - 2pm on fixed days, to include some weekend work
Opening hours of our Registrations department are:
- Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
- Saturday - 08:00 - 18:00
- Sunday - 09:00 - 18:00
We'll take care of providing the equipment you need before you start, but you must have broadband access.
- You will have proven experience in a home-based position or a similar role where you have worked autonomously. Previous targeted sales or customer service experience is a must.
- A skilled and driven customer service and sales professional
- You'll thrive on beating and exceeding sales targets and have strong sales skills - but you'll always make sure that the customer's interests come first.
- You understand the customer's perspective and have a natural ability to build a strong rapport and demonstrate empathy when needed through your excellent communication skills.
- You'll be a confident multi-tasker who can hit multiple targets whilst being resilient and show a great team spirit!
Salary & Bonuses
- A highly competitive £18,380 starting salary with a pay increase after six months to £20,352
- The bonus opportunity is earned through a combination of strong sales performance, excellent customer service and call quality
- For all our Agents, we ensure the salary and bonus opportunity are balanced and for our highest performing Agents there is an opportunity to earn higher rates of salary and additional bonus based on performance
- 33 days' annual leave (bank holidays are classed as normal working days) with an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Discounted Sky TV and broadband packages
- Regular incentives with amazing prizes to be won
- Dedicated online portal offering lending and saving facilities, financial wellbeing and support services
- Health Cash Plan - claim money back towards essential healthcare, including a virtual GP service
- Pension scheme & free life assurance
- Comprehensive training with clearly defined career progression opportunities
- Complimentary Domestic & General protection plan and discount further products
- Great employee discounts at selected retail stores
We offer a fantastic virtual training experience over a 4 week period. Please ensure you can commit to 4 weeks full time virtual training starting on Monday 6th July 2020 before you apply.
Your training will provide a rich blend of learning from our L&D team, as well as some independent e-learning, and self-reflection. You'll start off finding out about Domestic & General's successful history and our future vision, whilst at the same time getting to know your new colleagues! You'll also be call listening to some of our customer calls to see what makes a great customer experience, as well as perfecting your sales ability. All systems training will be covered so you are confident working independently at home.
We are Domestic & General. We're a proud partner to leading manufacturer and retail brands worldwide, taking the worry out of appliance breakdowns for almost 9 million customers in the UK.
We're looking for skilled sales professionals dedicated to putting customers at the heart of what we do. We have a five-year plan to transform the way we work, serve our customers and take care of our colleagues - and you can help make it happen.
Domestic & General is an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.