We're looking for skilled customer service professionals to join our call centre, dedicated to putting customers at the heart of what we do. We have a five-year plan to transform the way we work, serve our customers and take care of our colleagues - and you can help make it happen.
This vacancy is in one of our inbound sales teams, meaning you'll be the first point of contact for customers who call in for help. You'll provide excellent customer service and use your sales skills to give added peace of mind, by up-selling other products that customers can purchase that best suit their needs.
This department has flexible shift patterns based on a 37.5-hour contract, between the opening hours below. The Recruitment team will be happy to discuss these in more detail should you be shortlisted for interview.
- Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
- Saturday: 08:00 - 18:00
- Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00
Typically, you will be required to work a structured pattern of shifts in an 8-week period that could consist of:
- 2 weeks of early shifts starting around 8am
- 4 weeks of mid shifts starting around 10am
- 2 weeks of late shifts starting around 11.30am
Daily, you will work 7.5hrs with additional morning, lunch and afternoon breaks provided.
- We've just launched an improved monthly Agent Bonus Scheme, which provides our colleagues with an opportunity to earn great rewards for excellent customer service and sales performance.
- In 2018 we completed a £3.1m Office Refurbishment in Nottingham, which has provided our current and future employees a truly world class office to work in
- We've launched an Agent Progression Programme which shows our commitment to helping all our call centre agents develop and progress their careers. Agents can move up through the levels from day one and will be rewarded with more senior job titles, more time off the phone for development and a huge £1,150 in rewards (in addition to the regular bonuses)
- We've also launched Exchange, our forum for employees and senior managers to regularly meet and discuss issues that affect us all. It gives colleagues a place where they can openly share their views
A skilled customer service or sales professional, you'll thrive on beating sales targets - but you'll always make sure that the customer's interests come first. You understand the customer's perspective and have a natural ability to build a strong rapport and demonstrate empathy when needed. You'll be a confident multi-tasker who can be resilient and show a great team spirit! Experience working in a call centre environment, or in a targeted sales or customer service workplace would be beneficial, but not essential.
Working for us works for you
- A highly competitive £18,380 starting salary with a pay increase after six months to £20,352 plus OTE bonus opportunity of £450 per month
- The bonus opportunity is earned through a combination of strong sales performance, excellent customer service and call quality
- For all our Agents, we ensure the salary and bonus opportunity are balanced and for our highest performing Agents there is an opportunity to earn higher rates of salary and additional bonus based on performance
Key benefits we offer our people:
- 33 days' annual leave (bank holidays are classed as normal working days) with an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Cycle to Work scheme - up to £1,000 worth of bike and accessories with an option to purchase the bike at a lower cost
- Salary Finance - a dedicated online portal offering lending and saving facilities, financial wellbeing and support services
- Health Cash Plan - claim money back towards essential healthcare, including a virtual GP service
- Regular incentives with amazing prizes to be won
- Free Wi-Fi, hot drinks and fresh fruit
- Discounted Sky TV and broadband packages
- Pension scheme & free life assurance
- Comprehensive in-house training with clearly defined career progression opportunities
- Complimentary Domestic & General protection plan and discount further products
- Great employee discounts at local shops, gyms and restaurants
So, what are you waiting for? Immediate interviews available to start in January. Apply here today to find out more.
We are Domestic & General. We're a proud partner to leading manufacturer and retail brands worldwide, taking the worry out of appliance breakdowns for almost 9 million customers in the UK.
We're an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
Domestic & General work in trusted partnership and are supported by Brook Street (UK) Limited, with the recruitment process for our contact centre agents. Information collected from you in relation to your application, will be accessed by Brook Street under a strict duty of confidentiality and Brook Street will be in direct contact with you in relation to any application made.