Outbound Customer Sales Advisor - Part Time Remote
Who we are
We are Domestic & General. We're a proud partner to leading manufacturer and retail brands worldwide, taking the worry out of appliance breakdowns for almost 9 million customers in the UK.
Right now, we're excited to be recruiting Customer Sales Advisors in a role that offers great work life balance, working from home, part time plus a flexible and engaging onboarding experience.
We have changed how we recruit and onboard, so your journey with us will now be fully virtual, giving you the flexibility but still the full engaging experience that you deserve.
The role you'll do
As a Customer Sales Advisor in our busy Outbound department, you'll get in touch with customers to make sure their appliances are protected. Day-to-day, you'll:
- Build rapport with customers, get to know their individual needs and put their interests first.
- Provide peace of mind by finding the right solution for every customer.
- Use your brilliant sales and communication skills to upsell products, with a focus on hitting sales targets
What else to expect:
- In a 2-week training programme you'll learn our systems, meet your new colleagues, perfect your sales technique and learn what makes a great customer experience.
Flexible shift patterns to suit you:
- Optional shift patterns to choose from between 15 and 17.5 hours per week:
- 5 days - Mon - Fri between 5 pm and 8.30 pm (either 5 pm to 8 pm or 5.30 pm to 8.30 pm).
- 4 days - Mon, Tues, Wed, Sat (either 5 pm to 8 pm or 5.30 pm to 8.30 pm Mon, Tue, Wed plus Sat 9 am to 5 pm or 10 am to 6 pm).
- Working from home.
- We'll provide all the equipment you need, but you must have broadband access.
The experience and skills you need
- A solid background in targeted sales or customer service
- A driven mindset with strong customer service or sales skills and a love for hitting targets
- Experience of working autonomously or in a home-based position
- Great communication skills - you're at ease building rapport, listening to customers and demonstrating empathy when needed
- A team player committed to creating an excellent customer experience
- Unflappable and resilient attitude to juggle tasks and bounce back quickly
Salary & Bonuses
- £18,500 rising to £21,500 pro rata after 6 months
- Average bonus earning potential of £7,200 pro rata per year and chance to increase your salary by £1,000 pro rata every 6 months through our Agent Salary Reward Scheme
- 33 days' annual leave (including bank holidays) pro rata, with the option to buy 5 additional days each year
How you'll be rewarded
- Comprehensive training with clearly defined career progression opportunities
- Regular incentives with amazing prizes to be won
- Health cash plan - employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Pension scheme - matched employer contributions up to 5% of basic salary
- Life assurance - employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services:
- Salary Finance - access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing - access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand new vehicles
- Travel Loans - interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work - tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing - discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- Employee Assistance Programme - specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan - one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts - access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
Apply today to find out more.
Domestic & General is an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
Domestic & General work in trusted partnership and are supported by Brook Street (UK) Limited with the recruitment process for our contact centre agents. Information collected from you in relation to your application will be accessed by Brook Street under a strict duty of confidentiality and Brook Street will be in direct contact with you in relation to any application made.