Customer Sales Advisor - Sky
We are Domestic & General. We're a proud partner to leading manufacturer and retail brands worldwide, taking the worry out of appliance breakdowns for almost 9 million customers in the UK.
We're looking for skilled sales professionals dedicated to putting customers at the heart of what we do. We have a five-year plan to transform the way we work, serve our customers and take care of our colleagues - and you can help make it happen. So, what's happening?
- In November 2018 we started work on a £1.4m Office Refurbishment in Brighton, which is due to be completed in early 2019 and give all our employees a truly world class office to work in
- We've just launched a brand-new Agent Progression Programme which shows our commitment to helping all our call centre agents develop and progress their careers. Agents can move up through the levels from day one and will be rewarded with more senior job titles, more time off the phone for development and a huge £1,150 in rewards (in addition to the regular bonuses)
- We've also just launched Exchange, which is a forum for employees and senior managers to regularly meet and discuss issues that affect us all. It will give colleagues a place where they can openly share their views
About the Role
As a Sales Advisor in our Sky Outbound team, you will be an ambassador of our Sky campaign. You will represent and promote this well-known household brand, making our customers aware of the additional products they can purchase for added peace of mind. You will be making outbound sales calls to Sky's warm customer base, who will benefit from your expert guidance to purchase products and packages that best suit their needs.
This department has set shift patterns based on a 37.5-hour contract, consisting of:
- Three weeks of: Monday - Thursday 11:00 - 20:00 and an early finish on a Friday working 11:00 - 18:00
- One week of: Monday - Thursday 09:30 - 18:30 with an early finish on a Friday working 09:30 - 16:00
- Two Saturdays a month: 09:00 - 17:30 (week day off in lieu)
A skilled sales professional, you'll thrive on beating targets - but you'll always make sure that the customer's interests come first. You understand the customer's perspective and have a natural ability to build a strong rapport. The most successful Sales Advisors also love to be challenged and have a real flair for sales, whilst understanding that as in any sales role, a strong resilience is key to success. They enjoy healthy competition and achieving excellent service. You'll also come equipped with a great team spirit and excellent communication skills.
Working in a team of up to 15 Sales Advisors, you'll enjoy a vibrant workplace in a fantastic city centre location.
Salary & Bonuses
- A highly competitive £19,300 starting salary with a pay increase after six months to £21,158
- Bonus earning potential of up to £5,040 per annum (this is in addition to the Agent Progression Programme mentioned above)
- 33 days' annual leave (bank holidays are classed as normal working days) with an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Cycle to Work scheme - up to £1,000 worth of bike and accessories with an option to purchase the bike at a lower cost
- Salary Finance - a dedicated online portal offering lending and saving facilities, financial wellbeing and support services
- Health Cash Plan - claim money back towards essential healthcare, including a virtual GP service)
- Regular incentives with amazing prizes to be won
- Free Wi-Fi, hot drinks and fresh fruit
- Generously discounted Sky TV and broadband packages
- Pension scheme & free life assurance
- Comprehensive in-house training with clearly defined career progression opportunities
- Complimentary Domestic & General protection plan and discount further products
- Great employee discounts at local shops, gyms and restaurants
Interviews are available immediately, with start dates in June and July. Interested? You might be just who we're looking for. Apply here today.
Domestic & General is an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
Domestic & General work in trusted partnership and are supported by Brook Street Plc, with the recruitment process for our contact centre agents. Information collected from you in relation to your application, will be accessed by Brook Street under a strict duty of confidentiality and Brook Street will be in direct contact with you in relation to any application made.