Do you have a passion for public service? Would you like to make a difference to someone`s life? If so we would like to hear from you.
Job role: Admin Officer
Contract: Temporary (on- going)
Hours: 37.5 hours
Salary: £10.65 p/h
About the Role:
Our client delivers services to over 20 million claimants and customers a year. They are responsible for helping people move into employment, supporting pensioners and protecting some of the most vulnerable in our society. They help people lift themselves out of poverty and to stay out of poverty.
This role is based on a 37 hour working week; shift rotas will be provided in advance. Shifts will fall between the hours of 7.45am and 8pm on any day between Monday to Friday and 8.45am to 5pm on Saturday. You. In certain circumstances you may be asked to start work at 7am or work up to 10pm. Workers will receive a 25% shift enhancement on hours worked between 8pm and 10pm.
The rate of pay is £10.65 an hour. Holiday entitlement and pension scheme available.
Your role could involve a range of duties and we are seeking people who are adaptable and flexible. Your initial job will include:
- Providing excellent customer service in a telephony environment to a diverse range of working age customers and employers.
- Making decisions regarding benefit entitlement by examining the available facts.
- Assessing claims and dealing with enquiries via electronic means
- Supporting the Department`s aim that digital will become the primary contact channel for all claimant services.
- Being part of a team responsible for creating and working in a service delivery environment to support the delivery of excellent customer service, quality and performance
- Willingness to communicate and advise a wide range of diverse customers in difficult/sensitive circumstances.
- Willingness to learn how to deliver service using digital methods.
- Be prepared to engage effectively with our partners
- Have a desire to showcase public service at its best
You will be dealing with members of the public via the phone and online who may be distressed and anxious given the uncertain times they are facing; workers need to be prepared that they may be dealing with challenging situations.
If you are interested please apply online or email peterboroughgov.branch@ brookstreet.co.uk with your CV including the Job Title and Location in the subject.
We look forward to hearing from you!