Customer Service Advisor / Claims Handler
Based in Bristol, Monday to Friday 8AM - 6PM
£19,220 - £24,000 p.a. depending on experience
Brook Street are pleased to present an excellent opportunity which has arisen to work for one of the UK's leading general insurance and financial services companies based in their Bristol (BS1) regional office. For over 100 years our client has been exceeding their customers' needs and providing excellent levels of customer service. My client is currently recruiting for experienced Claims Handlers to join their Motor Team.
Whilst other insurance companies are currently making the motor claim process less customer focussed, our client are all about making the process as streamlined and customer-centric as possible. This makes working in claims altogether more satisfying and more rewarding. It means less no, more yes. Managing and processing motor and personal claims, you'll listen closely to the customer and what they need - reassuring them and giving them peace of mind at what can be a stressful time.
As well as spending around 50% of your time speaking to the customer, you'll talk to inhouse Insurance Agents and relevant third parties to settle claims quickly and efficiently. You'll decide on legal liability and policy liability issues and make sure that we're complying with all regulatory and internal systems controls. You'll have more freedom to make decisions and manage claims in the way that you think is best. You'll also be able to sign-off on bigger claims too. From the moment you pick up the phone, you'll make customers feel at ease, giving them the time, care and attention they deserve.
Salary: £19,220 - £24k p.a. depending on experience
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday between the hours of 8am and 6pm. Work-life balance is important to us here, and so you will not be required to work evenings and weekends (although optional overtime is sometimes available).
What we're looking for
- The successful candidate will have previous experience of working within a customer-focused environment and will demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service as well as an eagerness to learn.
- You'll also need to be empathetic and understanding, with a confident telephone manner and attentive listening skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking and prioritisation is key. Additionally, you will be familiar with using a variety of software and systems.
- Previous insurance experience would be great, but it is not essential as our client will give you all the training and tools you need to get started.
What we can offer
Our client pride themselves on being a great place to work and are one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallup Exceptional Workplace 2021 award. They also invest heavily in the development of their employees and as such have a wealth of training programmes open to you in order to develop your career in the direction that you want it to go.
Along with a supportive culture, you can also look forward to some very attractive reward benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus (up to 10%)
- Contributory pension scheme (maximum of 12% company contribution)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (additional holiday purchase scheme)
- Employee discounts
- Gym subsidy
- Health and well being plan
- Discounted Insurance on all client's policies
Sound like the role for you? Get in touch to apply now!
This is a permanent full-time position with an immediate start in their central Bristol office. The selection process will include an initial telephone interview with the recruitment team. Competency interviews will then take place and will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams.
For more information please contact Ben at Brook Street Southampton or apply now with your up to date CV.