We are Domestic & General. We're a proud partner to leading manufacturer and retail brands worldwide, taking the worry out of appliance breakdowns for almost 9 million customers in the UK.
We're looking for enthusiastic and driven individuals to join our dedicated team on a 3-month fixed term contract basis. Your role will be focused on ensuring our customers receive fantastic customer service and to put customers at the heart of what we do.
- We have recently finished a £1.4m Office Refurbishment in Brighton that has given all our employees a truly world class office to work in
- We've just launched a brand-new Agent Progression Programme which shows our commitment to helping all our call centre agents develop and progress their careers.
- We've also just launched Exchange, which is a forum for employees and senior managers to regularly meet and discuss issues that affect us all. It will give colleagues a place where they can openly share their views
About the Role:
You will be joining the Customer Support team, meaning that you'll be the first point of contact for all customers who call us with warranty and insurance related queries. You'll provide excellent customer service and strive to understand the nature of the customers call. You will then be able to make a judgement based on the customers needs as to where their call is best directed within our call centres.
This department has flexible shift patterns based on a 37.5-hour contract, between the opening hours below. The Recruitment team will be happy to discuss these in more detail should you be shortlisted for telephone interview.
- Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 18:30
As a customer focused individual you will thrive on giving a world class customer experience to all of our current and potential customers. You understand the customer's perspective and have a natural ability to build a strong rapport and demonstrate empathy when needed.
Working in a customer service team of up to 15 Customer Support Representatives, you'll enjoy a vibrant workplace in a fantastic city centre location.
Salary & Bonuses:
- A highly competitive £19,800 starting salary
- Bonus earning potential of up to £100 a month
- 33 days' annual leave (bank holidays are classed as normal working days) with an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave (
- Pension Scheme - matched contribution up to 5%
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Free Protection Plan: Register one product for a free protection plan e.g. a domestic appliance, TV or boiler
- Salary Finance: an online portal offering lending and saving facilities, financial wellbeing and support services
- Health Cash Plan: essential health care access, including a 24/7 virtual doctor
- Cycle To Work Scheme: bike & cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Corporate Discount: up to 50% discount on the costs of D&G Protection Plans
- D&G Discounts Benefits Website: exclusive shopping discounts, cashback and travel services
- Great company culture with fresh fruit deliveries and complimentary hot drinks
- Comprehensive in-house training
Immediate interviews available, to start in October.
The culture at Domestic at General is creative, fast-moving and exciting as we're going through a period of transformational change where customers are at the heart of everything we do…to be part of both our culture and growth, apply now.
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
Domestic & General work in trusted partnership and are supported by Brook Street (UK) Limited, with the recruitment process for our contact centre agents. Information collected from you in relation to your application, will be accessed by Brook Street under a strict duty of confidentiality and Brook Street will be in direct contact with you in relation to any application made.