Customer Service Advisor
Location: Brighton, BN1 3FD
Salary range: £19,800 to £24,195 (incl. bonus)
Shift patterns between Mon - Fri, 8am- 8pm and Sat 9am - 5pm
We're looking for skilled customer service professionals to join our call centre, dedicated to putting customers at the heart of what we do. We have a five-year plan to transform the way we work, serve our customers and take care of our colleagues - and you can help make it happen.
This vacancy is in our multi-skilled Customer Support sales team, meaning that you'll be the first point of contact for all customers who call us with warranty and insurance related queries. You'll provide excellent customer service and use your sales skills to give added peace of mind, by up-selling other products that customers can purchase that best suit their needs.
This department has flexible shift patterns based on a 37.5-hour contract, between the opening hours below. The Recruitment team will be happy to discuss these in more detail should you be shortlisted for telephone interview.
- Monday - Friday: 07:00 - 22:00
- Saturday - Sunday: 08:00 - 20:00
A skilled customer service and sales professional, you'll thrive on beating sales targets - but you'll always make sure that the customer's interests come first. You understand the customer's perspective and have a natural ability to build a strong rapport and demonstrate empathy when needed. You'll be a confident multi-tasker who can be resilient and show a great team spirit! Experience working in a call centre environment, or in a targeted sales or customer service workplace would be beneficial, but not essential.
Working for us works for you:
- A highly competitive £19,800 starting salary with a pay increase after six months to £21,900
- Bonus earning potential of up to £2,295 per annum.
Key benefits we offer our people:
- 33 days' annual leave (bank holidays are classed as normal working days) with an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Great employee discounts at local shops, gyms and restaurant
- Cycle to Work scheme - up to £1,000 worth of bike and accessories with an option to purchase the bike at a lower cost
- Travel Loans - interest free loan for your travel to work
- Regular incentives with amazing prizes to be won
- Free Wi-Fi, hot drinks and fresh fruit
- Generously discounted Sky TV and broadband packages
- Pension scheme & free life assurance
- Comprehensive in-house training with clearly defined career progression opportunities
- Complimentary Domestic & General protection plan and discount further products
- Salary Finance - a dedicated online portal offering lending and saving facilities, financial wellbeing and support services
- Health Cash Plan - claim money back towards essential healthcare, including a virtual GP service)
So, what are you waiting for? Immediate interviews available, with start dates in November and January. Apply today to find out more.
We are Domestic & General. We're a proud partner to leading manufacturer and retail brands worldwide, taking the worry out of appliance breakdowns for almost 9 million customers in the UK.
We're an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
Domestic & General work in trusted partnership and are supported by Brook Street (UK) Limited, with the recruitment process for our contact centre agents. Information collected from you in relation to your application, will be accessed by Brook Street under a strict duty of confidentiality and Brook Street will be in direct contact with you in relation to any application made.