We offer a competitive starting salary of £19,800 which increases to £21,900 after 6 months. To recognise the achievements of skilled Customer Service Representatives, there is also the opportunity to earn up to £4,800 per year in bonus!
We're looking for skilled customer service professionals to join our call centre, dedicated to putting customers at the heart of what we do. We have a five-year plan to transform the way we work, serve our customers and take care of our colleagues - and you can help make it happen.
This vacancy is in our multi-skilled Customer Support sales team, meaning that you'll be the first point of contact for all customers who call us with warranty and insurance related queries. You'll provide excellent customer service and use your sales skills to give added peace of mind, by up-selling other products that customers can purchase that best suit their needs.
This department has flexible shift patterns based on a 37.5-hour contract, between the opening hours below. The Recruitment team will be happy to discuss these in more detail should you be shortlisted for telephone interview.
- Monday - Friday: 07:00 - 22:00
- Saturday - Sunday: 08:00 - 20:00
A skilled customer service or sales professional, you'll thrive on beating sales targets - but you'll always make sure that the customer's interests come first. You understand the customer's perspective and have a natural ability to build a strong rapport and demonstrate empathy when needed. You'll be a confident multi-tasker who can be resilient and show a great team spirit! Experience working in a call centre environment, or in a targeted sales or customer service workplace would be beneficial, but not essential.
Working for us works for you:
- A highly competitive £19,800 starting salary with a pay increase after six months to £21,900
- Bonus earning potential of up to £4,800 per annum.
Key benefits we offer our people:
- 33 days' annual leave (bank holidays are classed as normal working days) with an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Pension Scheme - matched contribution up to 5%
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Free Protection Plan: Register one product for a free protection plan e.g. a domestic appliance, TV or boiler
- Salary Finance: an online portal offering lending and saving facilities, financial wellbeing and support services
- Health Cash Plan: essential health care access, including a 24/7 virtual doctor
- Cycle To Work Scheme: bike & cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Corporate Discount: up to 50% discount on the costs of D&G Protection Plans
- D&G Discounts Benefits Website: exclusive shopping discounts, cashback and travel services
- Great company culture with fresh fruit deliveries and complimentary hot drinks
- Regular department incentives with amazing prizes to be won
- Comprehensive in-house training with clearly defined career progression opportunities
Immediate interviews available, with start dates in January. Apply today to find out more.
We are Domestic & General. We're a proud partner to leading manufacturer and retail brands worldwide, taking the worry out of appliance breakdowns for almost 9 million customers in the UK.
We're an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.
Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
Domestic & General work in trusted partnership and are supported by Brook Street (UK) Limited, with the recruitment process for our contact centre agents. Information collected from you in relation to your application, will be accessed by Brook Street under a strict duty of confidentiality and Brook Street will be in direct contact with you in relation to any application made.