Brook Street Recruitment is working on behalf of our client, a social housing organisation, we are seeking a new Customer Service to join their Belfast team,
The purpose of the job is to work as part of a team in the Customer Service Centre providing a high quality telephone customer service, effectively responding to and resolving all types of calls across the full range of service activity i.e. rents, neighbourhoods, allocations, housing and repairs
* Respond to all telephone calls and other contacts, providing a courteous, professional and responsive service throughout the contact.
* Utilise appropriate questioning and listening skills to identify customer needs, offering appropriate solutions to ensure a first time fix resolution.
* Use IT management systems to log and respond to customer service requests in relation to housing related matters and the reporting of repairs and maintenance issues
* Provide support or advice to customers regarding their home or their tenancy, working with the customer until their issue is resolved.
* Take responsibility for obtaining all information necessary to process or resolve a query, only escalating it to others where this is appropriate.
* Respond to customer complaints aiming to diffuse and resolve in accordance with policy and procedure.
* Record customer concerns regarding anti-social behaviour and give initial information and advice.
* Deal with difficult customer behaviour professionally and in accordance with policy, demonstrating expert customer service skills and knowing when to hand off the call to a more experienced member of staff.
* Liaise with colleagues in local offices, contractors and other partner agencies as appropriate to resolve enquiries. If necessary, ensure information to be passed on is transferred efficiently and in the necessary format.
* Build and maintain positive working relationships with other departments to ensure that information provided by the Customer Service Centre is up to date and accurate and that first call resolution is maximised
* Good general level of education to include at least five GCSE's (at a minimum of Grade C) or equivalent to include English and Maths
* At least two year's relevant general administrative experience.
* OR QCF Level II (previously NVQ) in Business Administration or equivalent relevant qualification plus at least one year's relevant general administrative experience
* A minimum of one year's experience dealing with incoming and outgoing calls or in a face to face customer service environment.
* Excellent customer focused communication skills.
* Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and report with accuracy and attention to detail.
* Excellent level of IT literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, to include word processing experience.
The organisation offers a starting salary of £19,312, based on a 37 hour week - working Monday to Friday between the hours of 09.00am and 17.00pm.
They have a great range of benefits including: 22 days annual leave plus 13 statutory days
They offer on-job training, a contributory pension scheme, a health cash plan which can provide help with dental, optician and medical costs (including cover for dependent children in full time education up to 18 years of age), free employee health checks and a Cycle to Work scheme.
Flexibility regarding working hours is also offered in some areas of the business.
Full spec can be provided on application
Please send CV via the link