Customer Account Manager
Based in Stratford!
This is a full-time position working from our Head Office for 2 or 3 days each week and remotely (home based) for the remainder. This is based on a 37.5 hour working week; Monday to Friday.
As a Customer Account Manager, you are responsible for the daily management of accounts referred to us from our Clients. Working with Customers who are primarily in arrears you will help by ensuring their account is resolved by agreeing and negotiating repayments that are affordable and sustainable to the Customer. This will also include options of a direct debit, the booking of a pre-payment meter or a arranging a meter 'change of mode' on certain account types.
- Make outbound calls to Customers, based on arrears owed to Utility company, to resolve the account.
- Collecting payments and/or setting up payment arrangements with a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Negotiate payment and/or payment solutions for individual customers in line with customer needs and company processes.
- Remaining empathic, calm and acting in a professional, respectful and ethical manner, and have the confidence to deal with a range of different customers and make appropriate recovery decisions based on the current circumstances of each case.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, both orally and written.
- Previous experience in debt negotiation/collection, customer service and conflict resolution is desirable however not essential.
- Confident in dealing with customers over the telephone - including in difficult situations.
- A positive and results orientated approach working in a team environment.