Customer Service Advisor - Cardiff
A number of exciting customer service opportunities have arisen on a temporary basis until the end March 2023.
Working for HMRC, the UK's tax, payments and customs authority, you will be helping to support a vital purpose: to collect the money that pays for the UK`s public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service and making a difference. As Customer Service Advisor, you will be supporting HMRC's customers with their telephone queries and day to day processing activities. You will play an important role in ensuring customers receive quality guidance and support.
You will be fully supported with an induction into HMRC and in-house training to ensure you have the best knowledge to carry out your role and you will have a supportive and friendly management structure to support you on a day-to-day basis.
The locations offered are:
Cardiff - Ty William Morgan, 6&7 Central Square, Cardiff, CF10 1EP
An excellent package is offered, including:
- Temporary role until end of March 2023, with chance of being extended
- £11.71 per hour pay rate (equivalent to £22,524 Full Time Equivalent salary)
- Start dates available towards the end of August and throughout September
- Accrual of up 34 days paid annual leave pro rata available (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Hybrid working is available between the office (3 days per week) and home (2 days per week) following the initial 4 week office-based induction and training period.
- All IT equipment supplied to carry out your role
Working Hours and Training Period:
This role will be a hybrid working role, with the expectation for applicants to work from the office 3 days per week and from home 2 days per week. There is some flexibility with which 3 days are worked in the office, although this could be subject to change based on business demands.
Working 37 hours per week, shifts will be Monday to Friday either 8am to 4pm, 9am to 5pm or 10.15am to 6.15pm. You will be allocated to work on one of these shift patterns, which will take effect after your 4-week induction and training period. Flexibility is required to cover any one of these shift patterns, although we will try and accommodate a specific shift request under special circumstances wherever possible.
During your induction and training period you will be expected to attend the office every day for the first 4 weeks (Monday to Friday inclusive).
Your hours of attendance for induction and training for the first 4 weeks will be 9.00am and 5.00pm.
- To provide a first-rate quality service through inbound telephony calls from customers.
- To process post via HMRCs Digital Mail Service or work with customers on Web Chat.
- Following guidance, updating HMRC systems and handling customer data sensitively will be key aspects of your role to support the delivery of world-class customer service.
- You will help and support customers with their questions - giving them more information, pointing them to the right guidance or escalating their enquiry so they are able to get the answers they need to support themselves, their clients and their businesses.
- You will seek to resolve customer queries at the first point of contact where possible and use your brilliant communication skills to handle sometimes complex but rewarding conversations.
What skills will I need?
- The ability to communicate well with customers on the telephone and via other communication channels such as email and Web Chat.
- You will be trained on several software packages, but being a confident IT user is essential for the role, particularly the use of MS Office packages.
- A quiet work space within your home and good broadband c
- connection and connectivity will be required to speak to customers.
- The ability to handle a variety of different conversations and handle some challenging calls.
- The ability to manage different tasks and work at a fast-pace.
- A can-do attitude and a real passion for supporting people.
Candidates applying will undergo BPSS checks including Right to Work in the UK and DBS check.