My city centre client based at Manchester Piccadilly train station is looking for several customer service advisers to join their team
This is on a temporary basis with the potential to go long term for 12 months for the suitable applicants. Salary starts at £11.30 per hour working 37 hours per week over a vary of different shifts including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
To provide a customer focused presence within the train station on a day to day basis to deliver a first class and safe station environment for Train Operating Companies (TOCs), passengers and retailers.
You will be a visible point of contact for station users providing customer service to all, including visitors, contractors, retailers, TOC's and customers travelling throughout the station. You will have a wide range of queries to respond too amongst daily routine tasks, so must be able to work under pressure.
About the role (External)
1. Undertake regular station checks including contractor compliance, security, safety and equipment in accordance with relevant company standards and procedures, completing the relevant paperwork for audit purposes.
2. Respond to and record emergencies and incidents involving the general public and industry partners, as required.
3. Provide a point of contact for the reporting of faults within the station, maintaining appropriate records, reviewing and closing actions as required.
4. Actively assist and provide information to customers travelling throughout the station.
5. Check contractors have relevant risk assessments and method statements prior to issuing Permit to Work.
6. In liaison with customers, external authorities and regulators, implement plans to prevent and manage criminal activity on the station, including discouraging and preventing unauthorised persons from entering or remaining on the station.
7. Provide a proactive role in dealing with hazards or unsafe conditions, checking that all such occurrences are reported correctly.
8. Fulfil allocated duties as prescribed within Emergency Plans.
In order to be successful in this role, we would like you to have/to be:
· Command of English language, both written and oral
· Experience of working in a customer facing environment
· Confidence to deal with different types of situations assertively
· Experience of working effectively as part of a team
We would also like but it isn't crucial to have/to be:
· Educated to GCSE or equivalent in English and maths
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply online