Customer Service Assistant -Finance and Banking
Department of Health, Leeds City Centre
Mon- Fri 37.5 hours a week
£11.82 per hour
Hybrid working - required to live near Leeds
About the Job
Overview of the post/area of work:
The Department of Health and Social Care is a Ministerial Department, supported by 29 agencies and public bodies. We support ministers in leading the nation's health and social care to help people live more independent, healthier lives for longer.
This is an exciting time to join a large dynamic finance function in managing one of the largest budgets in government.
This permanent role is within the Operations Financial Service Centre, part of the Department's Accounts and Operations branch.
The post holder will predominately be based within the multi-disciplinary Corporate Accounting and Systems team in Leeds responsible for a number of key areas, and may include Accounts Receivable and Expenses.
Note: An employee may be required to carry out other duties within the scope of the grade and within the limits of their skill, competence and training. Full training will be given
Key accountabilities for the role
- Administration of the Corporate Credit Card (Government Procurement Card) scheme. Including setting up new cardholders and cancel existing cards.
- Liaison point between provider and the cardholders and deliver a good quality service to our customers.
- Ensure that DH policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Roll out use of A2B cards to the wider dept.
- Become an expert in own work area, represent the Department of Health at meetings, and advise on the implications of any options/decisions.
- Management of a number of the Department's mailbox on a daily basis. Providing responses in a timely manner and seeking input from relevant stakeholders where required.
- Improvement projects.
- Be visible to staff and stakeholders; regularly undertake activities to engage and build working relationships with people relevant to work area.
- Work on time limited projects across the finance function and support the business
- Provide support and cover across the service centre as required.
Key requirements for the role
- A sound, current knowledge of Corporate Credit Card or Government Procurement Card.
- Experience of auditing transactions and processes.
- An established track record of working in a fast moving financial area with the ability to work flexibly and adapt, to changing priorities.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with staff and stakeholders at all levels.
- Good organisational skills and a proven ability to plan and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate critical thinking.
- Experience of Microsoft D365 system.