Role: Complaints Handler - NHS Digital
Salary: £11.53 per hour
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Location: Home working initially then Hybrid working introduced. The office is located in Leeds City Centre.
Duration: Temporary contract for 6 months, with possibility to be reviewed for extension and opportunities to apply for permanent positions within the NHS
Target Start Date: 23rd May 2022 as we appreciate possible notice periods
Training and Induction period may last 2 - 4 weeks. If you have required significant time off, please make us aware at the interview stage.
- Day to day management of new complaints received by NHS Digital, from members of the public through to healthcare practitioners, all with varying extents of complexity and sensitivity requirements
- You will be required to receive, record, and resolve complaints, which may involve the investigation, case management and subsequent escalation to relevant business process owners.
- Triaging complaints via written methods and liaising with back-office teams to find the most suitable and timely response within SLA obligations
- Broader exposure to the NHS Digital business through the supporting of various functions or service delivery owners when providing responses to complaints
- The role would be perfect for an inquisitive mind, and a passion for the delivery of outstanding customer outcomes, all within a fast paced and adaptable work environment
What we are looking for:
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Outstanding emotional intelligence, soft skills (both verbal and written), and an ability to manage sensitive situations appropriately
- A natural learner who takes control of their own development in a supportive environment
- Can work within existing processes and procedures where some adaptive or creative thinking is occasionally required
- Excellent communication skills - ability to write your own literate responses, being conscious of tone, grammar and spelling.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills - with the ability to identify what a complaint is asking, identify key information within the complaint, ensure all points raised are responded too via case management, research, and investigation to resolve the complaint.
- Must have genuine interest and concern for customer complaints and work with commitment and dedication towards finding solutions.
- Excellent teamwork skills - our people are our greatest asset!
- Able to manage own workload
- This is not a scripted contact centre; agents will be expected to use their initiative and research skills to resolve a complaint