Customer Service Consultant
This role will be working from home, however all applicants must be situated within an hour of a HMRC site location as you may be required to attend the office from time to time.
Working for HMRC, the UK's tax, payments and customs authority, you will be helping to support a vital purpose: to collect the money that pays for the UK's public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
A number of exciting customer service opportunities have arisen on a 3 temporary basis and we are looking for individuals who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service and making a difference. As Customer Service Advisor, you will be supporting HMRC's customers with their telephone queries and questions and you will play an important role in ensuring customers receive quality guidance and support.
You will be fully supported with in-house training to ensure you have the best knowledge to carry out your role and you will have a supportive and friendly management structure to support you on a day-to-day basis. Our teams keep in touch using Microsoft Teams - although working from home, you will feel part of the HMRC wider community and be able to keep in touch with your line manager as well as colleagues joining HMRC the same time as you.
An excellent package is offered including:
- 3-month temporary role with chance of being extended
- £11.04 per hour pay rate (equivalent to £21,240 FTE salary)
- Start dates available throughout March
- Accrual of up to 34 days paid annual leave pro rata available (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Home-based working with all equipment supplied to carry out your role
- Working 37 hours per week, shifts will be Monday to Friday either 8am to 4pm, 9am to 5pm or 10am to 6pm.
- Your primary role will be to provide a first-rate quality service through inbound telephony calls from customers, there may also be opportunities to process post via HMRCs Digital Mail Service or work with customers on Web Chat. This will be dependent on HMRC requirements at the time of your assignment. Following guidance, updating HMRC systems and handling customer data sensitively will be key aspects of your role to support the delivery of world-class customer service.
- You will help and support customers with their questions - giving them more information, pointing them to the right guidance or escalating their enquiry so they are able to get the answers they need to support themselves, their clients and their businesses during this pandemic.
- You will seek to resolve customer queries at the first point of contact where possible and use your brilliant communication skills to handle sometimes complex but rewarding conversations.
- The ability to communicate well with customers on the telephone and via other communication channels such as email and Web Chat
- You will be trained on several software packages, but being a confident IT user is essential for the role, particularly the use of MS Office packages.
- You will be working from home so a comfortable, quiet workspace within your home and good broadband connection and connectivity will be required to speak to customers.
- Candidates applying must be able to pass a clear DBS check and provide proof of Right to Work in the UK
- Ability to handle both enjoyable and fast-paced conversations
- A can-do attitude and a real passion for supporting people.
If you are interested please apply