Advert Title: Customer Service Consultants
Salary: £8.95 hourly rate
Job Type: 37 net hours per week. Monday to Friday (paid 42 hours) Alternative working patterns may be considered subject to business need.
Long term, temporary roles are available now with our client, HMRC. They are looking for Customer Service Consultants able to deliver excellent customer service to support people claiming under the various Government schemes designed to help provide financial support through the Covid 19 pandemic.
As part of a team, you will carry out a range of administrative functions to process enhanced identity checks to verify our customers. You will organise your work in order to meet the schemes’ delivery targets and work towards agreed customer service targets for both quality and productivity.
You will need to be self-motivated, flexible and prepared to work across a range of duties as you support the nation in this critical time. Initially the role will be working from home with infrequent travel to the office for induction and potentially training, you’ll need to provide assurances about the suitability and security of that environment.
If during the course of the assignment, the government guidelines permit, then it may be required for you to attend one of those offices on a more regular basis.
What you’ll need to do:
- Act as a primary point of contact for customers, using telephone and emails
- Gather and use information from HMRC Data systems to inform decisions
- Make outbound calls to customers to check details and request information
- Input of information to HMRC systems, ensuring details are entered correctly and promptly
- Resolve issues/queries or escalate to a line manager as necessary
- Competent IT skills with evidence of being experienced in using Microsoft Office Suite (especially Outlook, Teams and SharePoint) – training will not be provided in these areas and anyone unable to deliver at pace will be referred back
What we’ll need from you:
- Competent in using and extracting information from one or more data bases – training will be provided on how to use HMRC data systems.
- The ability to resolve problems with customers and address issues by phone and via information gathering
- Good communication skills; fluent English verbally and in writing, ability to listen and speak to people from diverse areas and backgrounds
- A flexible approach and a positive attitude
- Ability to handle both enjoyable and challenging conversations whilst protecting customer confidentiality
- Ability to provide information quickly and clearly
- Ability to work well across several different teams and build supportive relationships
Successful candidates receive:
- 23 days holiday plus 8 days bank holiday (pro rata)
- IT kit provided (to be returned on completion of assignment)
- Full two-week training provided on HMRC systems
If you are interested, please don’t hesitate to apply now via PSRTeam@brookstreet.co.uk and our team will be in touch.
Please note: Due to COVID-19 we have adapted our interview process, working environments and training to ensure our teams are safe. We will keep you updated with the latest developments throughout the recruitment process.
HMRC in partnership with Brook Street are committed to an organisation that reflects the very best of 21st century Britain and encourage applications from all backgrounds and circumstances.
We’re proud to be a ‘Disability Confident Employer’ and we were the first organisation to be ‘Clear Assured’, which recognised our efforts to recruit and retain employees with disabilities.
To date we have been recognised by the Times Top 50 Employers for Women, named a Stonewall Star Performer, and listed by Business In The Community as an inclusive employer for race.