Are you looking for new challenge or wanting a change in career but need to gain experience? We are looking for a Customer Service - Helpdesk advisor to work in a busy payroll department in Southampton city centre.
- To be the first point of contact for all clients and their employees, providing a service that assists with timely and accurate payments.
- To carry out all tasks within SLA time scales, following procedures, ensuring audit trails are maintained and spot checked for compliance.
- Delivering excellent customer service and the required results to support KPI's by maintaining the key responsibilities.
- Dealing with highly sensitive and confidential personal information. The Employment Services Desk Operative reports to the Employment Services Desk Team Leader.
- As the initial point of contact for all clients and a support service for the Payroll, Pensions and Recruitment Teams, the Employment Services Desk has to be knowledgeable and flexible in their approach.
- Responsible for dealing effectively with queries from customers (both internal and external) by telephone, email or in person, at all times conveying a professional and efficient attitude following customer service standards.
- To resolve as many, if not all, queries as possible during the initial contact
- To be proactive to customer needs and actively participate in customer service improvement
- Achieving standards set within the SLA for KPI needs on behalf of all trusts
- To provide clear, concise and accurate information to clients, their employees and third parties ensuring at all times that a positive and professional manner is deployed.
- Follow the guidelines laid out under the Data Protection Act
- Be proactive in ensuring that payroll staff achieve Key Performance Indicators in respect of call resolution
- Maintain a basic awareness of statutory regulations in respect of National and Local deductions from pay such as PAYE and NI.
- To construct suitable responses to queries from staff, HMRC and other outside organizations verbal and written.
- Flexibly process multiple enquiries on multi customer payrolls.
- Adherence to NHS SBS internal policies
- Compliance to Departmental Internal Controls and the financial framework determined by the Client.
- Good standard of Education in English and Mathematics, preferably with GCSE level A-C, or NVQ 2 qualification in Payroll or Suitable experience in an office/payroll/finance environment
- The ability to work in a team
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Numerate and methodical
- Good pc skills, using Microsoft word, Excel and the ability to input from basic data source and produce basic spreadsheets
- The ability to multitask
- The ability to prioritize
- Basic understanding of Time Management.
- Understanding of performance targets
- Previous experience of working in an Customer service environment
- Experience with handling telephone calls and emails
- Previous Call Centre experience or working in a fast paced work environment
- Able to analyze situations and explain to individuals in a variety of ways where necessary
- Standard Health & Safety manual handling skill.
- Previous experience resolving basic pay enquiries
- Worked with a range of different terms and conditions
- Worked on a shared services platform before
- Basic understanding of Payroll processes and deadlines
- Has an awareness of the law relating to payroll (i.e. data protection)
- Aware of PAYE, National Insurance and NHS Pension Scheme
- NVQ 2 qualification in Payroll
- Temp hourly rate/annual salary: 9.50/hour, Monday to Friday 37.30 hours per week
- Long temporary assignment
Client Location: NHS SBS Southampton, Waterside House.Town Quay.Southampton. SO14 2AQ
*The successful candidate will be subject to a vetting, meaning a check for the last 3 years activity, either work/education/gaps of unemployment and ids check.