Brook Street have had a fantastic Customer Service role come up with one of our government clients. This is a fixed term appointment, working directly with our client until the end of March 2022, with a view to extension, on a salary of £20,334 to £22,382. These roles will be working in the dynamic Customer Service Centre (CSC). This is a working from home role, with full support given through virtual communications.
The Customer Service Centre (CSC) is at the forefront of supporting customers in ensuring they understand our client's services and can access them easily. The CSC team provides an excellent service to customers with 93% of enquiries dealt with at the first point of contact and a net promoter score of +48. Now, as a result of our client's growth plans, they are increasing the capacity of their Customer Service Centre team with a number of new roles that will be key to improving their customer service levels even further.
- Supporting the Customer Service Centre by providing an efficient and effective single point of contact for external customer enquiries via the inbound and outbound telephone facility, email, letter and website.
- Provide high quality enquiry handling to customers & suppliers, ensuring consistency, accuracy and relevance of message content and delivery.
- Provide a complete and informed response on first contact to all customers and suppliers.
- Enquiry resolution service for a wide range of customers across Central Government, the wider public sector and the business / supplier community. This requires strong brand awareness to ensure a quality first line customer response to telephone, web and email enquiries.
- Managing workflow and escalation of enquiries that cannot be resolved at the first line to the relevant point of contact within the organisation.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and continuity of service is managed.
- Compliance with internal QA, organisational service and advice standards, ensuring high quality of support offered.
- Follow procedures for capturing and recording all customer generated communication and action accurately into the CRM system.
- Ensure individual and team targets / KPIs for customer service are maintained.
- Acknowledging complaints & where needed, the transferring of the complaint through to a senior advisor for resolution.
- Develop specialist expertise in agreed business areas.
Essential Criteria (to be assessed on application):
- Experience of working in a customer service environment, specifically working to targets and measures in cross functional, fast paced environments.
- Ability to deal with wide ranging enquiries and follow through to resolution, along with the ability to develop solutions to address a problem.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, tailoring all communications to suit the audience.
- Customer service ethos - experience of delivering within a service environment and achieving excellent customer service results.
Success Profiles (to be assessed at interview):
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working together
- Manage a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
- Commercial Acumen
- A working environment that promotes a positive work / life balance with flexible working options which include:
- Working from home
- Flexi Time Scheme (Available for B1 - B6)
- Further flexible working applications after 26 weeks service
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Minimum 25 days annual leave to a maximum service related 30 days excluding bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- Recognition scheme offering a monetary voucher for going above and beyond
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave
- Generous special leave provision
- 3 paid volunteering days per year
- Paid time off for public service duties, for example armed forces reservist
- Learning and development tailored to your role - 5 days paid learning and development leave per year (Reimbursement of professional memberships)
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- An extensive wellbeing programme, supporting mental and physical health
If you believe that this role is the right role for you, please apply with your up to date CV and we will contact you if you are successful for progressing to the interview stage.