Customer Service Advisor / Claims Handler
Based in Bristol, Monday to Friday 8AM - 6PM
£19,220 - £24,000 p.a. depending on experience
Our client is a market leading insurance provider , they are currently seeking dynamic and driven individuals to join their Motor Claims Department at our Regional Service Centre in Bristol. As a Claims Handler, you will manage and process their customer's claims through to settlement, listening closely to the customer and what they need - reassuring them and giving them peace of mind at what can be a stressful time.
Our client always looks for ways to settle our customer's claims, rather than excuses not to. This makes working in claims altogether more satisfying and more rewarding. It means less no, more yes. As a Claims Handlers are there for when our client members need your help the most, so it is vital that our client deliver a first-class, no-quibble service that meets their needs and protects their interests.
You will spend around 50% of your time on the phone talking with our customers as well as in-house Agents and relevant third parties to settle claims quickly and efficiently. You'll have more freedom to make decisions and manage claims in the way that you think is best. From the moment you pick up the phone, you'll make customers feel at ease, giving them the time, care and attention that they deserve.
Salary: £19,220 - £24k p.a. depending on experience
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday between the hours of 8am and 6pm. Work-life balance is important to us here, and so you will not be required to work evenings and weekends (although optional overtime is sometimes available).
What we're looking for
- The successful candidate will have previous experience of working within a customer-focused environment and will demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service as well as an eagerness to learn.
- You'll also need to be empathetic and understanding, with a confident telephone manner and attentive listening skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking and prioritisation is key. Additionally, you will be familiar with using a variety of software and systems.
- Previous insurance experience would be great, but it is not essential as our client will give you all the training and tools you need to get started.
What we can offer
Our client pride themselves on being a great place to work and are one of only 39 companies across the globe, and the only organisation with headquarters in the UK, to receive a Gallup Exceptional Workplace 2021 award. Our client also named in the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies List 2021.
Along with a supportive culture, you can also look forward to some very attractive reward benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus (up to 10%)
- Contributory pension scheme (maximum of 12% company contribution)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (additional holiday purchase scheme)
- Employee discounts
- Gym subsidy
- Health and well being plan
- Discounted Insurance on all client's policies
The selection process will include an initial telephone interview with the recruitment team. Competency interviews will then take place and will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams.